The most sophisticated dandies and ladies are definitely in the know about trend. Cutwork machine embroidery designs also known as Richelieu or white-work allows you to decorate your clothes with beautiful openwork patterns. These clothes with “Richelieu” arguably appear now and then on the catwalks of international shows. Chiefly in the last season they have completely war down collections of fashion brands in stores. Is it worth looking for an example? Look at the elegant blouses of natural flax and cotton, which wear in front of the lenses such a famous stars like Uma Thurman, Keira Knightley, Paris Hilton. That machine embroidery design in the Richelieu style helps to create a “highlight” in the image of these women.
Technique Richelieu: from preparation to result
Before ordering a ready-made design, letâs learn a little bit more about the technique of this amazing drawing. As beautiful as it is, itâs also surprisingly simple to perform, despite the seeming pretentiousness and complexity. This technique allows you to create masterpieces, even from the simplest sketches, producing stunning effects. Imagine how elegant will look a flower with six petals or a large butterfly, made by machine embroidery Richelieu.
The most important thing in the performance of the whitework is to solder and stabilize the material. Therefore, machine embroidery is preferable to free-running because of its accuracy. The process of pattern can be divided into stages:
- Preparation of the fabric – it is necessary to choose the correct stabilizer, taking into account the shrinkage of the material after washing. You have to choose also the lower thread in the main tone;
- Stitching of the contour, which has its own characteristics, depending on sketch whether it has a single-colour or more colours;
- Making holes, that requires the extreme accuracy;
- Final formalization and formation of the breeds.
Well, working with the design of the Richelieu machine embroidery, it is necessary to study the composition and properties of chosen fabric. Because the wrong choice in favour of loose materials can spoil the shape of the holes. Let the professionals do this work and you will always be able to avoid such obvious incidents, getting your intricate and impressive look.
Some tips and points to read
Straight stitches, without overlapping, unfolding the fabric without wrinkles â how does the master deal with it? It’s just that cutwork machine embroidery design has its own rules and secrets. They are included not only in how well the fabric is fastened in the hoop. These tips will help you master the gorgeous technique of cutwork machine embroidery:
- Delicate washing or other material preparation. If this, of course, is not genuine leather or velvet! But, for example, bed or underwear you should wash in the usual temperature mode before being embroidered;
- Using of a suitable stabilizer, which can be water soluble (especially suitable for towels, linen) or detachable;
- Colour test on a flap of identical tissue is required, so that the final result does not disappoint you;
- Use a special needle, which is recommended to be changed every 8 hours of continuous work;
- Selection of special threads, usually polyester in size 40, 50.
Did you know that many directions of modern embroideries were created on the basis of the Richelieu technique? Which, in turn, arose under the inspiration of folk art. Patterns with their originality and originality came into existence under the influence of life, in connection with natural conditions, culture, geography and the history of the people. Uncomplicated lines and symbols are filled with a special meaning: for example, the straight horizontal line indicates the earth’s solidity, the wavy line is the water, the sun and the moon define light, the trees and fruits are fertility, harvest and wealth, birds are joy and happiness. Wearing fashionable things, decorated with a design of machine embroidery Richelieu, means decorating your wardrobe with a special sense!
You may also like. Cutwork machine embroidery designs